Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day Twelve: Adare and Cliffs of Moher

We have had gorgeous weather for our last day in Ireland! If only the volcano could cause another ash cloud so we could stay here a few more days....

We left Killarney this morning and on our way to Limerick, we made a few stops. Our first was at Adare, which is supposed to be the prettiest town in Ireland. It was a very cute town, but I personally preferred Cobh and the seaside. But it was nice to be able to stop and take a few pictures.

Next, we went to one of my most anticipated stops of the trip: the Cliffs of Moher! I cannot begin to describe how beautiful it was; my camera or any camera could not do the view justice. We spent two hours there, which gave us plenty of time to take pictures and grab lunch. I spent a good fifteen minutes with Ryan and Meagan just sitting and looking at the view, reflecting on the entire trip and how it has affected me. I'm very glad that we saved the best stop for last!

For dinner, we went to a medieval banquet at Bunratty Castle. It was very different than Medieval Times in Florida; since it was in an actual castle, it felt more genuine. We were able to enjoy live Irish music and a wonderful four course dinner. On our way back to the hotel, our tour guide Joe led the entire bus in a sing-along! We sang a bunch of Irish songs like Molly Malone and Wild Rover. It was a very lovely evening to end this amazing trip!

I cannot believe how fast this trip has flown by. Now I'm just more determined to make another trip to Ireland and stop at all the places I wasn't able to see!


Adare!


The Cliffs of Moher.


Meagan, Ryan, and me at the Cliffs of Moher.


Bunratty Castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment